In an open letter addressed to all the HR DGs of the European institutions, USF calls for inter-institutional consultation on the Common Health Insurance Scheme (JSIS) on the following points:
- Since 2007, the ceilings limiting reimbursement have not been updated and are underestimated in relation to the actual costs incurred. We are calling for the introduction of a system for updating ceilings in line with changes in the price of services on the Belgian market.
- The CGAM (Centre de Gestion d’Assurance Maladie) must become a genuine management committee, issuing binding opinions. Its members must have access to the data needed to ensure that it functions properly.
- The arbitrary restrictions implemented by the liquidation offices must cease. In particular, we must return to a humane definition of serious illness: all vital treatment must be reimbursed at 100%.
- For services outside Belgium, it is necessary to revise the method for calculating equality coefficients with the aim of ensuring equal treatment, i.e. actual reimbursement of 85% of declared expenditure.
- The Commission must ensure that DIRECTIVE 2011/24/EU of 9 March 2011 on the application of patients’ rights in cross-border healthcare is complied with by the Member States, which must guarantee that healthcare providers apply, on their territory, and to JSIS beneficiaries, the same scale of healthcare fees as for national patients in a comparable medical situation.
- We call for all the necessary measures to be taken to achieve recognition of “prise en charge” with hospitals in each Member State.
- It is in the mutual interest of health insurance schemes to step up their prevention programmes, including for dependent children. We are therefore calling for the inclusion in the preventive medicine programme of paediatric and psychological examinations, pregnancy monitoring and vaccinations recommended by the national authorities.
- We call for a review of the rules governing the coverage of psychological therapies, which are currently excessively restrictive.
Would you like to find out more about this request for consultation on JSIS? Download our Resolution on JSIS – 21 OCT. 2017 (in French only)