En anglais uniquement. The 106th session of the International Labour Conference (ILC) will take place in Geneva, Switzerland, from 5 to 16 June 2017. It will be held at the UN Palais des Nations and ILO headquarters.
This year, the Conference agenda includes:
- Reports of the Chairperson of the Governing Body and of the Director-General
- Programme and budget proposals for 2018–19 and other questions
- Information and reports on the application of Conventions and Recommendations
- Labour migration (general discussion)
- Employment and decent work for peace and resilience: Revision of the Employment (Transition from War to Peace) Recommendation, 1944 (No. 71) (Standard setting, second discussion)
- A recurrent discussion on the strategic objective of fundamental principles and rights at work, under the follow-up to the ILO Declaration on Social Justice for a Fair Globalization, 2008
- Abrogation of Conventions Nos 4, 15, 28, 41, 60 and 67
The ILO reports for examination and discussion in plenary and in technical committees and the ILO Advance Information guide, including detailed information on the programme and participation for this session, are available at the ILO website.
PSI side events:
PSI will organize some side events during the ILC, including:
- The Route of Shame;
- A panel on “Collective bargaining in the Municipal Sector – Experience of the Province of Buenos Aires (Argentina)”