The European Federation of Public Service Unions (EPSU) represents 8 million workers in the
energy, water and waste sectors, health and social services and local and national administration, in
all European countries including in the EU’s Eastern Neighbourhood. EPSU is a federation of the
European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC) and the recognised regional organisation of Public
Services International (PSI). EPSU advocates for quality public services for all.
EPSU is looking for a enthusiastic Policy Assistant to strengthen its policy team in Brussels.
The responsibilities of this person will be to:
* Develop EPSU’s work and profile in the social services sector in cooperation with the policy
officers responsible for health and social services and local and regional government sectors
(50% of job);
* Support EPSU’s current work on progressive taxation and on quality digital work and public
* Assist with other tasks as required.
The successful candidate will:
* Have experience of working for, or with, trade unions;
* Have excellent analytical and communication skills;
* Have fluent English and good knowledge of at least one other European language.
Further languages will be considered an asset;
* Be dynamic, flexible and enjoy working as part of a team and in a multicultural context.
Interested candidates are requested to submit in English an application letter (300 words
maximum) explaining why they are suited to the job and a Curriculum Vitae to Nadine Janssen
The salary range will be between 3.000 EUR and 3.500 EUR monthly gross salary, depending
on qualifications and experience, plus other legal and extra legal benefits according to our
Closing date for applications is midday on 19 June 2017.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that we aim to hold interviews on
Monday 3 July.
EPSU is an equal opportunities employer.
For information on EPSU please consult our website at : http://www.epsu.org